All animal research must be covered by a PHS Assurance. By law, all animal research must comply with the Animal Welfare Act (codified at 7 U.S.C. Sections 2131-2159), the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Animal Welfare Act Regulations and Standards (AWAR) (Title 9 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Parts 1-4), and 42 CFR 73, Possession, Use, and Transfer of Select Agents and …
Explain that animal experimentation is often used in psychological research. An example of this might be Ivan Pavlov's experiments with dogs. Divide the class into two camps: one side should be for psychological experimentation on animals and the other should be against animal experimentation.
Ethical Issues in Animal Experimentation - Free Essay ...
The Case for Animal Experimentation: An Evolutionary and Ethical. Perspective. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press, 1986. Fox, Michael Allen. ... In the Name of Science: Issues in Responsible Animal Experimentation. New York: Oxford University Press, 1993. Orlans, F. Barbara, et al. The Human Use of Animals: Case Studies in Ethical ...
This course introduces students to the major ethical questions in animal ethics and explores a variety of philosophical and religious ways of framing human-animal relationships: Is it ethical to eat animals, experiment upon them, or to keep them in zoos or as pets? Do animals have rights?
Jeremy Garrett (ed): The ethics of animal research. Exploring the controversy. MIT Press, Cambridge MA, 2012. Vaughan Monamy: Animal experimentation. A guide to the issues. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2009 (2nd edition). Nuffield Council on Bioethics: The ethics of research involving animals.
2. Scientific Benefit vs. Ethical Cost. In module 3, we looked at the ethical issues involved in psychological research, both with humans and animals. Some of the content can be reused here, but the emphasis this time is not so much on the ethical issues, it is on the balance between the ethical costs and the benefits gained from research.
28 Animal Research Nicoll, C. and Russell, S. (2001). A Darwinian view of the issues associated with the use of animals in biomedical research. In Paul and Paul (Eds), Why Animal Experimentation Matters: The Use of Animals in Medical Research., New Brunswick: Transaction Publishers, pp. 149-173. 30 Animal Research . Shapiro, K. (1998).
Ethical guidelines have been developed and put into place to protect both the patient volunteer and the integrity of science. ... This scarring has led to issues today with HIV/AIDS prevention programs and the lack of use and trust from the black community. ... the experiment is based off of animal experimentation or natural history of disease ...
To fulfill the demand for quickly locating and searching documents.
It is intelligent file search solution for home and business.
- animal experimentation ethical issues
- articles on animal testing
- functions of the brain psychology
- animal experiment ethics
- ethical issues in animal research
- state of texas psychologist license
- top news highlights of 2017
- animal experimentation pros and cons
- ethical issues with animal testing
- dangers of eating cornstarch
- gender inequality in education statistics