Biology Unit 4: Metabolism – Photosynthesis & Cellular Respiration Essential Skills 5-1. Be able to name the reactants and products of Aerobic Cellular Respiration. 5-2. Be able to name the reactants and products of Photosynthesis. 5-3. Explain how the reactants and products of photosynthesis and respiration relate to each other. Study Guide
• Cellular Respiration Equation (Products and Reactants) ... PHOTOSYNTHESIS vs. RESPIRATION Compare and Contrast: Draw the organelle responsible for each. Label the major parts, show where all processes are occurring and show where the H+ concentration occurs.
B) Photosynthesis stores energy in complex organic molecules, while respiration releases it. C) Photosynthesis occurs only in plants and respiration occurs only in animals. D) ATP molecules are produced in photosynthesis and used up in respiration. E) Respiration is anabolic and photosynthesis is catabolic. Answer: B
products. c. Leaves are green because they have a pigment called chlorophyll. d. 2nd stage: Releases large amounts of ATP (energy). Takes place in the mitochondria. Requires oxygen!! a. Both equations are opposites of each other b. The products of photosynthesis are the reactants of cellular respiration. c. Autotrophs and heterotrophs can
Write the Equation for Photosynthesis. Let’s Summarize Process Location Reactants Ending Products Light Dependent Reactions Thylakoid Membrane Sunlight H 2 O ATP NADPH O 2 Light Independent Reactions/Calvin Cycle Stroma ATP NADPH CO 2 Glucose 6CO
End Products C 6 H 12 O 6 + O 2 ENERGY + Carbon Dioxide +Water Glucose + Oxygen . Summary of Photosynthesis: Light energy is absorbed by the CHLOROPLAST and is used to make oxygen and (C 6 H 12 O 6) GLUCOSE from the raw materials of CO 2 and H 2 O . GLUCOSE provides all of our cells with
What Is Photosynthesis? Photo + synthesis = Light + putting together The process by which a cell captures the energy in sunlight and uses it to make food Cells capture light energy from the Sun and use it to make food in the form of sugar This food is used to fuel cells for function and growth
substances (the products) during photosynthesis is understood, can be measured, and can be easily represented using models. In this activity, you will model the process of photosynthesis to see what happens to elements and compounds of the reactants and products as radiant energy is transformed to chemical energy.
Photosynthesis is the principle way in which radiant energy is converted to organic substances stored for use in growth, reproduction, and metabolism in plants. Sunlight, carbon dioxide, and water react to form the sugars that plants use for metabolism. The chemical bromothymol blue is a pH indicator that appears blue in alkaline (basic) conditions
14. Photosynthesis takes place in nearly all life. Complete the table comparing photosynthesis and cellular respiration. A Comparison of Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration Aspect Photosynthesis Cellular Respiration Function Location of reactions Reactants Products
respiration is the opposite of photosynthesis, indicating the products of photosynthesis become reactants in respiration, and vice-versa. Respiration: 6O 2 + C 6H 12O 6-----> energy + 6CO 2 + 6H 2O While only plants and select other organisms are capable of photosynthesis, all organisms
• Describe the reactants and products of photosynthesis and the source of reactants from the environment. • Explain the relationship of photosynthesis to the observations made during the experiment. • Identify another variable that might affect photosynthesis and design an experiment that uses leaf disks to test your ideas.
Photosynthesis, Respiration and Fermentation Plants are photosynthetic, which means that they produce their own food from atmospheric CO2 using light energy from the sun. This process is a complex series of steps involving the conversion of light energy into chemical energy, which is then used to synthesize sugars from carbon dioxide.
science studies, photosynthesis is the process by which green plants take sunlight, water, and carbon dioxide in order to produce oxygen and food (sugars). The parts of plants in this pro-cess can be called the “photosynthesis system.” You will learn about the location, products, and rate of the photosynthesis system within plants.
To fulfill the demand for quickly locating and searching documents.
It is intelligent file search solution for home and business.
- principal financial 401k withdrawal form
- rate of photosynthesis lab
- vba convert string to date
- department of education wa portal
- end products of photosynthesis
- 10 facts about photosynthesis
- ancient and honorable artillery company
- treatment for conjunctivitis bacterial
- penny pot stocks to buy
- what is financial management
- install outlook 2016 free
- factors affecting photosynthesis
- examples of reconstructive surgery
- illuminating photosynthesis nova
- marijuana laws state by state