Docx File 24.78KByte
LESSON 8OCTOBER 24, 2021SUBJECT: Praise God for His PresenceTOPIC: The Joy of WorshipDEVOTIONAL READING: 2 Chronicles 29:25-30BACKGROUND: Psalm 84:1-12LESSON: Psalm 84:1-12MEMORY VERSE: Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. Psalms 84:4 NIVLESSON AIM: To be inspired to worship God and know the benefits of worship.INTERNATIONAL SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDY OUTLINEI. YEARNING FOR WORSHIP (PSALM 84:1-3)Who is the author of Psalm 84 according the superscript? How does the psalmist describe the place of worship? Psalm 84:1aHow does the psalmist address God? Psalm 84:1bHow does the psalmist describe his desire for worship? Psalm 84:2v. 2av. 2bWho was the psalmist envious of when it came to worship? Why? Psalm 84:3abcd (Most biblical scholars don’t believe that the birds were allowed to get too close to the altar.)How is God described in Psalm 84:4? Psalm 84:3eII. JOY OF WORSHIP (PSALM 84:4-7What is a benefit of going to worship in God’s house? Psalm 84:4aWhat is the biblical meaning of “blessed?”What do the blessed continually do? Psalm 84:4bHow do the blessed feel when they receive the call to worship? Psalm 122:1From whom do the blessed gain their strength? Psalm 84:5a (Psalm 28:7)What is the focus of those who receive the call to worship? Psalm 84:5bWhat do you think the “pilgrimage” refer to in Psalm 84:5?What is God’s desire for the “pilgrimage” of those He created? Isaiah 2:3What things distract us when we are preparing for worship and going to worship? Make a list.What can one do to stay focus for and in worship?Colossians 3:2Hebrews 12:2Ephesians 5:18bWhat phrase does the psalmist use to express “spiritual distress or weeping or a difficult and sorrowful path in life?” Psalm 84:6aWhat change takes place when one focuses on the worship of God? Psalm 84:6bcWhat is the result when one focuses on the worship of God? Psalm 84:7v. 7av. 7bIII. PRAYER OF WORSHIPWhat does a true worshiper of God request of Him? Psalm 84:8acv. 8av. 8cHow does the psalmist address God? Psalm 84:8bdv. 8bv. 8dIn Psalm 84:9 biblical scholars differ on the meaning of this verse. Some scholars believe this verse refers to God and the Messiah, others believe it refers to the King of Israel. Most believe in the latter. What two things did the worshiper request of God? v. 9av. 9bIV. ATTENDANCE IN WORSHIP (PSALM 84:10-12)How does the psalmist express his desire to be in the house of God?v. 10av. 10bWhat does God expect from those who worship Him? Psalm 84:11dWhat is God to those who walk blameless? Psalm 84:11abcv. 11av. 11bv. 11cHow is God described in Psalm 84:12? Psalm 84:12aWhat does God bestow on those who trust in Him? Psalm 84:12b ................
In order to avoid copyright disputes, this page is only a partial summary.
To fulfill the demand for quickly locating and searching documents.
It is intelligent file search solution for home and business.
- sample highscope preschool daily plan
- annoyance a feeling of slight anger
- interview questions university of south florida
- infant toddler pyramid observation tool
- cmhs noms adult client level measures for discretionary
- evidence based practice for fall prevention in the elderly
- we re talking with parents about their children and some
- poetry analysis 10 essential questions
- orientation get to know ya sheet
- listen a esl listening autumn
- all about me questions printable
- about me questions for kids
- about me questions for adults
- all about me questions for adults printable
- all about me questions for kids
- about me questions for work
- all about me questions for preschoolers
- about me questions for teens
- about me questions for website
- all about me questions pre k
- about me questions pdf
- all about me questions pdf