Adverb clauses exercises 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9.
Pdf File 11.89KByte
Adverb clauses exercises
A. Identify and underline the subordinate conjunctions. Remember: The subordinate conjunctions can be at the beginning or in the middle of a sentence.
1. While the cat's away, the mice will play. 2. A lie travels around the world while truth is putting her boots on. 3. Where there is love, I will be there. 4. Memory is deceptive because it is colored by today's events. 5. Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up. 6. You have to kiss a lot of toads before you find a handsome prince. 7. Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause
and reflect. 8. Life happens when you are making other plans. 9. As soon as you forbid something, you make it extraordinarily appealing. 10.Everything is funny as long as it's happening to somebody else.
B. Now, draw a circle around the subordinate clause in the sentences above.
C. Combine the two sentences using the last one as an adverb clause.
1. We watched the robins. They raised their young in our apple tree. ____________________________________________________________
2. Becky read the book. It was recommended by a friend. ____________________________________________________________
3. Dad donates his suits to charity. He has worn them a year. ____________________________________________________________
4. The policemen delayed the drivers. The wrecks were cleared. ____________________________________________________________
5. Ann ate an apple. She studied her vocabulary. ____________________________________________________________
D. Insert a comma if it is necessary:
1. Whether you like it or not you have to go to bed now. 2. She likes the red car more than her husband does. 3. If you pay your bills you will have a good credit score. 4. Unless you run fast you will miss the bus. 5. So that she would have a tan for her vacation she went to a tanning
salon. 6. Marty will keep her schedule open in case there is an emergency. 7. Because he loved her he didn't believe she had an affair. 8. Once they saw the car coming the birds flew away from the street. 9. Although she has a business degree she is working as a retail clerk. 10.You must keep practicing the craft until you get it right.
To fulfill the demand for quickly locating and searching documents.
It is intelligent file search solution for home and business.
- adverb clauses exercises 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
- reduced clauses
- adverbial clauses of time grammar wiz
- adverb clauses palomar college
- building sentences with adverbial clauses
- extra practice reductions
- the adverb clause
- adverbial clauses zarf cümlecikleri
- participle clauses exercise grammarbank
- a student s guide to clause types efl tutoring
- adverbial clauses exercises esl
- adverbial clauses exercises pdf
- adverbial clauses worksheets
- adverbial clauses exercise
- adverbial clauses of time exercises
- adverbial clauses worksheet
- adverbial clauses of time esl
- adverbial clauses of place
- adverbial clauses practice
- adverbial clauses worksheet pdf
- adverbial clauses exercises with answers
- adverbial clauses exercises