SCOTT CHASE - GRID Media LLC
Doc File 38.50KByte
301/879-1613 (w) * 301/529-9809 (cell)
GRID Media LLC, Potomac, Maryland
December 2003 to present: Senior Partner
As Senior Partner, responsible for new business development and new product creation, and the operation of selected GRID customer companies. Specialties: new events, advertising-driven supplements, sales and sales management, editorial positioning, content creation. Association management: The Arthur C. Clarke Foundation (secretary), Mobile Satellite Users Association (president); Event Management: BNA/IOMA Homeland Security Conference (program and content); PR Counsel: Longbottom Communications, Janson Communications, Athena Technologies, DRS Infrared; Consulting: EADS North America; Sales and Sales Management: Directors & Boards magazine, ERI—Extended Retail Industry Journal.
PBI Media LLC, Potomac, Maryland
July 2002 to November 2003: Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing, PBI Media LLC
As executive vice president, responsible for all sales and marketing activities across multiple markets, including aviation, satellite and space, defense, telecom, banking and finance, film and video production/dynamic media, broadband/cable, etc., totaling $35 million in annual sales. Charged with developing programs to accelerate organic revenue growth. Management responsibility for external operations located in New Jersey and London.
The Strategis Group, Inc., Washington, D.C.
August 2000 to June 2002: President and Chief Executive Officer, The Strategis Group
As president and chief executive officer, responsible for all operations, profit/loss, vision and strategy for a $6 million global telecommunications market research and proprietary consulting firm of approximately 40 people with offices in Washington, D.C., London, and Sao Paulo, Brazil. Head all executive and administrative functions, provide senior level external relations and business development, organizational focus and momentum, maintain existing and new client relationships, support high-level sales and marketing efforts, develop new products and services, etc.
Phillips Business Information, Inc., Potomac, Maryland
2000: Senior Vice President and Group Publisher, Satellite and Space Group, Phillips Business Information, Inc.; Director, PBI, 1995-August 2000
1995 to 2000: Vice President and Group Publisher, PBI
As senior vice president (and vice president) and group publisher, headed highly profitable $25 million PBI Communications and Satellite Group, including all properties in satellite, space, wireless, telecommunications, media, electronic commerce and banking (October 22, 1998, to April 10, 2000); posted substantial double-digit margins each year
Headed profitable $16 million PBI Aviation and Aerospace Group and Cable Group, including all properties in aviation, aerospace, satellite and cable (August 1996 to October 1998)
Headed profitable $10 million PBI Media Group, including all properties in film and video production and satellite (December 1993 to August 1996)
1993 – named publisher of Via Satellite magazine; 1991 – named associate publisher of Via Satellite magazine; 1989 – named assistant managing editor, Telecommunications Group; 1987 – named editor of Via Satellite magazine;
1986 – joined Phillips Publishing Inc. as associate editor, Satellite News, editor, DBS News, and contributor, Via Satellite magazine
Communications Satellite Corporation (COMSAT), Washington, D.C.
Senior Specialist, Public and Investor Relations – 1981 to 1985 (promoted from specialist, public relations, 1983)
• public, press and investor relations at the corporate level for $500 million publicly-held corporation, and for COMSAT subsidiaries
• development, implementation and management of press, public and community relations programs for COMSAT-owned Intelsat international earth stations worldwide
• response to press and media inquiries and assistance to the director, public and investor relations, for interpretation and explanation of corporate financials for securities analysts, brokers, individual and institutional investors, and other members of the financial and analytical community
• corporate representative for public, investor and community relations in Japan and Asia; selection and management of public relations consultants based in Tokyo
• development and writing of speeches, public presentations and “road show” materials for members of the COMSAT board of directors and corporate officers
The Washington Post, Washington, D.C.
Staff Writer, Business and Financial News – 1980 to 1981
• daily assignment reporter for business and financial news section, covering the Washington, D.C., local business beat, national corporate financial results, and spot news; contributed weekly columns including “International Lending” and “Regional Report;” night copy editor of weekly Monday “Washington Business” section
Columnist – 1980 to 1981 and 1979 to 1980
• wrote seasonal daily column, “For the Love of Children,” a report on pediatric medicine and health care issues; column aided in fundraising for Children’s Hospital National Medical Center in Washington, D.C.
Copyaide/Newsaide – 1977 to 1979
• general newsroom duties
REGARDIES: The Magazine of Washington Business, Washington, D.C.
• regular feature contributor, 1980 to 1982
Awards and Honors:
Outstanding Young Man of Washington, 1979, CHMNC
Second Place National, Best Regular Feature 1981, AABP
Editorial Excellence Awards, January and July 1987, PBI
Aviation and Space Writers Association Best Feature, National, 1991 and 1992
Media Award, Washington Space Business Roundtable, 1992
Arthur C. Clarke Foundation of the United States, Board Member
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Senior Member
Junior Achievement of the National Capital Area, Inc., Board Member (1992-2002)
Society of Satellite Professionals International, Board Member, ex-officio
Satel Conseil, Honorary Committee (advisory group to French aerospace industry)
Global VSAT Forum, Member Representative (past)
International Astronautical Federation, Member Representative (past)
Asia-Pacific Satellite Communications Council, Member Representative (past)
To fulfill the demand for quickly locating and searching documents.
It is intelligent file search solution for home and business.
- pete davidson s father scott davidson
- scott davidson s daughter casey davidson
- scott davidson 911
- scott matthew davidson 9 11
- casey davidson s father scott davidson
- scott davidson firefighter
- scott davidson facebook
- scott davidson
- dr scott davidson
- scott davison
- scott davidson dds
- scott credit union banking online