Cool and Current Science News Assignment
Doc File 85.50KByte
Cool and Current News:
Global Issues in Geography Assignment
This assignment is geared at keeping us up to date with regards to current events and discoveries occurring within the global community.
Each student is responsible for:
• finding ONE interesting and up-to-date article on ANY topic related to Geography. This can include Physical Geography, Environmental Issues, or Global Issues.
(sources can include newspaper, magazine or academic journal articles)
• writing a paragraph (maximum ½ page), that summaizes the article
• preparing a 3-5 minute presentation in which you tell the class the general gist of your topic and why you think it is relevant or important to society. You should also be sure to share your opinion on your topic, perhaps you may even choose to discuss whether you found this particular piece of news controversial, why or why not?
Your article is to be handed in along with your half page summary on the day of your presentation.
Each student is to sign up for a date listed on the circulating sheet. This is the day you will be responsible for making your presentation. Your article MUST be no more then TWO weeks old from the date of your presentation!
Things to keep in mind:
When choosing an article, make sure it is substantial enough to write a summary on, and interesting enough to talk about!
Please see the reverse side of this sheet for the evaluation break down
**THIS SHEET MUST BE HANDED IN ON THE DAY OF YOUR PRESENTATION, OTHERWISE MARKS WILL BE DEDUCTED!
Article and Summary mark breakdown (Communication mark)
Choice of article:
• Interesting article/reasonable length /2
(ie. not just a news brief)
• Up to date (within 2 weeks) /2
• Article appropriately highlighted /2
• adhered to ½ page summary /1
• Gist of article is apparent and
concisely summarized in OWN words /5
• Free of spelling and grammatical errors /2
• Topic was clearly explained and summarized to class /3
• Student showed genuine interest in topic /2
• Student clearly articulated why the topic was relevant /2
• Student provided his/her personal opinion /3
• adhered to 3-5 minute time limit /2
• spoke clearly/did not fidget /2
• looked up addressing the audience not his/her notes /2
OVERALL TOTAL: /30
In order to avoid copyright disputes, this page is only a partial summary.
To fulfill the demand for quickly locating and searching documents.
It is intelligent file search solution for home and business.
- current controversial news topics
- printable news articles current events
- current controversial news stories
- printable current news articles for students
- current news articles 2019
- current news articles for students
- current news articles about education
- news articles for kids current events
- current news articles on economics
- current controversial news articles
- news articles with current news
- current news articles with graphs