Big Bang Webquest
Doc File 33.50KByte
Big Bang Webquest
Use the website below to begin learning about the Big Bang.
Big Bang Theory
Part 1: Expansion of the Universe
1. How did scientists originally view the idea of an expanding universe?
2. Why did Einstein develop the “cosmological constant”?
3. Which theory was the natural beginning of a Big Bang theory?
4. Who showed that the universe was indeed expanding?
5. What kind of Doppler Shift did Hubble observe in these distant galaxies?
Part 2: The Abundance of Light Elements
6. What is nucleosynthesis?
7. Describe 2 characteristics of the early universe.
8. What is Big Bang nucleosynthesis?
9. How much of the universe’s ordinary matter is thought to be helium? Does Big Bang theory support this number?
10. What is WMAP?
11. Where do elements heavier than lithium come from?
12. What are some of these elements? (from #11)
13. Where do elements heavier than iron come from?
14. Ultimately, from where does all carbon-based life come from?
Part 3: Cosmic Microwaves
15. What is CMB? Where did it come from?
16. Who predicted the existence of CMB?
17. Who discovered CMB?
18. Describe the CMB as it exists today. What type of light does it look like now?
19. Where can we detect CMB?
20. How old is the universe thought to be?
21. What did the FIRAS experiment show?
22. What event was thought to occur about 400,000 years after the Big Bang?
23. About how big was the universe at this time?
24. What is the most striking characteristic of the CMB?
Beyond Big Bang
Part 1: Structure
25. What does the WMAP satellite measure?
26. How do most cosmologists believe galaxies today grew?
27. When was the universe one thousandth its present size?
28. What does the COBE satellite detect?
29. What are 2 popular ideas of what cause fluctuations?
Part 2: Fluctuations
30. What can offer great insight into the origin and evolution of the universe?
31. What is dipole anisotrophy?
32. What allows scientist to infer a great deal of additional information about the early universe?
33. On the fluctuation maps what do blue and red colors mean?
Part 3: Inflation
34. What is the inflation theory?
35. What are the three problems with the Big Bang Theory?
36. How does inflation solve the three problems with the Big Bang Theory?
To fulfill the demand for quickly locating and searching documents.
It is intelligent file search solution for home and business.
- big bang something from nothing
- timeline universe big bang theory
- the big bang theory timeline
- what is the big bang theory
- big bang theory science timeline
- the big bang theory information shares
- big bang theory show timeline
- the big bang theory show
- big bang theory timeline worksheet
- the big bang theory wikipedia
- the big bang theory science
- big bang images space