Worksheets - European History Option
Pdf File 6,105.19KByte
Themes dealing with European and International History covered in History (Option) syllabus.
Material prepared by History (Option) teachers during In-Service Course (C05/10) July 2010
Edited by Mr George Calleja
Table of Contents
Renaissance Art The Protestant Reformation and the Catholic Counter-Reformation The Enlightenment Enlightened Despots Slavery French people and society on the eve of the French Revolution The three Estates of French society The Bankruptcy of the French Crown The causes of the French Revolution The Declaration of the Rights of Man ? 1789 The Summoning of the Estates General The execution of Louis XVI The Reign of Terror Napoleon Bonaparte The Industrial Revolution: Workers' concern at the advent of machinery The Industrial Revolution: Conditions of Work Industrialisation: A factory scene Effects of Industrialisation Industrialisation: The Great Exhibition of 1851 Revolt in Belgium in 1830 The 1848 revolution in France Unification of Italy Unification of Germany The Arms Race The Moroccan Crisis The Assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria Treaty of Versailles 1919 Reactions to the Treaty of Versailles and the League of Nations Effects of First World War France between the Two World Wars
4 6 9 11 13 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 23 25 27 29 31 32 33 34 36 39 41 43 44 45 47 49 51 53
The Yalta Conference
The Fall of Communism
The Breakup of Yugoslavia
The European Union
The Arab-Israeli Conflict
"Most surviving art from the Medieval period was religious in focus, often funded by the Church, powerful ecclesiastical individuals such as bishops, communal groups such as abbeys, or wealthy secular patrons.....
One of the central questions about Medieval art concerns its lack of realism. A great deal of knowledge of perspective in art and understanding of the human figure was lost with the fall of Rome. But realism was not the primary concern of Medieval artists. They were simply trying to send a religious message, a task which demands clear iconic images instead of precisely rendered ones".
Giotto ? Baroncelli Polyptych c. 1334 Baroncelli Chapel, Santa Croce, Florence
Cimabue - The Madonna in Majesty (Maest?) 1285-86
Leonardo da Vinci ? The Last Supper, 1498 4
Questions: 1. What does Source A tell us about the nature of art in that particular period?
________________________________________________________________ 2. Sources B and C represent two different historical periods. Name the two historical
periods. ________________________________________________________________ 3. How does Source B reflect the affirmation made in Source A? ________________________________________________________________ 4. Underline the terms which best describe source B.
nude figures mythological
religious not three dimensional
landscape paintings iconic
5. What makes Source C completely different from the works of art in source B? ________________________________________________________________
6. What were the main characteristics of art during the Renaissance period? ___________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________ 7. Leonardo da Vinci (Source C) was a very important personality of the Renaissance
period. Explain in a few sentences why he was important? ___________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________
In order to avoid copyright disputes, this page is only a partial summary.
To fulfill the demand for quickly locating and searching documents.
It is intelligent file search solution for home and business.
- name modern world history scavenger hunt
- the historical impact of epidemic typhus
- worksheets european history option
- world war ii in photographs new orleans
- top ten most famous hoaxes in history
- living memory lgbt history timeline current elders would
- owens 1 us historical events from 1900 to present
- history timeline it happened
- world history project topics
- famous events in history today
- famous events in world history
- greatest events in world history
- most important events in world history
- important events in world history
- list of historical events in world history
- top events in world history
- significant events in world history
- famous dates in world history
- 10 most important events in world history
- important events in us history timeline
- famous events in american history