Six Sigma Basics - MIT OpenCourseWare
Pdf File 950.22KByte
Six Sigma Basics
At the end of this module, you will be able to:
? Recognize that Six Sigma is a valuable
approach for improving process quality
? Interpret a basic Statistical Process Control
? Distinguish between process and specified
? Describe a capable process
Six Sigma Basics V7.6 - Slide 2 ? 2012 Massachusetts Institute of Technology
What is Six Sigma?
? A Strategy to improve process quality by
identifying and eliminating defects and minimizing variation in process outputs
? A data driven approach based on Measurement
of the process variation using Statistical Process Control
? A structured Implementation approach based
on a DMAIC cycle and certified experts
The goal of Six Sigma is to reduce process variation
Six Sigma Basics V7.6 - Slide 3 ? 2012 Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Standard Normal Distribution Curve
Sigma () = one standard deviation
Some notable qualities of the normal distribution:
? The mean is also its mode and median.
? 68.27% of the area (green) is within one standard deviation of the mean.
? 95.45% of the area (green & yellow) is within two standard deviations.
? 99.73% of the area (green & yellow & red) is within three standard deviations
Six Sigma Basics V7.6 - Slide 4 ? 2012 Massachusetts Institute of Technology
? "Defect" is defined as any process output that
does not meet the customers specifications.
? Improving quality means reducing the defects
per million opportunities (DPMO). There are two attributes to this metric that can be controlled:
? Opportunities ? reducing the number of steps,
handoffs and other "opportunities" will help improve quality
? Defects ? reducing the number of defects for
each process step through continuous process improvement will help improve quality
Six Sigma Basics V7.6 - Slide 5 ? 2012 Massachusetts Institute of Technology
In order to avoid copyright disputes, this page is only a partial summary.
To fulfill the demand for quickly locating and searching documents.
It is intelligent file search solution for home and business.
- monokote simplifiedyield chart
- first edition aqs guidelines boeing suppliers
- six sigma basics mit opencourseware
- analysis of factors that affect yield in smt assembly
- the high performance manufacturing organization
- pcb surface finishes implication on the smt process
- filler metal selector guide lincoln electric
- how effective management of productivity quality risk
- 9100 auditor guidance material
- lean continuous improvement value added flow chart
- first pass yield calculations
- first pass yield chart
- first pass yield example
- first pass yield for dummies
- first pass yield excel template
- first pass yield calculation excel
- how to calculate first pass yield calculation
- first pass yield calculator
- first pass yield data
- first pass yield software
- first pass yield template
- first pass yield in manufacturing