Professional Certification - Carrollton GA
Pdf File 20.88KByte
Professional certification or licensure is required in Georgia for teachers, administrators, and some support fields. Proof of certification or eligibility for certification must be provided to Carroll County at the time of hire. Acquiring certification is the responsibility of the professional. The Georgia Professional Standards Commission evaluates eligibility for professional certification. If you are a certified educator from another state, and you do not currently meet Georgia requirements for certification, the GAPSC will usually honor your certificate for one year in order that you may meet these requirements. For exceptions to this reciprocity, or further information regarding Georgia professional certification, you may contact the GAPSC at .
Teach for Georgia Alternative Certification Program
If you are a professional with a bachelor's degree in any field from an accredited college or university and are interested in seeking teaching certification, the West Georgia Regional Alternative Route to Certification Program (ARTCP) is designed for you! To qualify for the program, candidates must complete the following:
? Hold a baccalaureate degree (or higher) from an accredited college/university ? GPA of 2.5 or higher ? Pass the GACE Basic Skills Assessment and GACE Content Assessment ? Obtain recommendation from a school system for hire ? Receive clearance through positive screening of criminal background check ? Pay all fees involved
For additional information regarding program requirements, contact .
National Board Teacher Certification
The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards is the training agency for national teacher certification. In order to qualify for the program, teachers must hold a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution, have three or more years' experience in the teaching profession, and hold a valid Georgia certificate.
National Board Certified teachers are eligible in Georgia for the following (O.C.G.A. 20-2212.2):
? 10% increase in state salary when working fulltime in a "needs improvement school as identified by the Georgia Department of Education
? Reimbursement of $2,000 NBPTS certification fee ? Granted two days of professional leave ? Georgia certification renewed for all clear renewable funds during validity of the
educator's NBPTS certificate ? NBPTS certified teachers usually meet Georgia reciprocity requirements for teachers
certified in other states
For more information on national teacher certification, please contact the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards at , , or the following Candidate Subsidy Program Administrator:
Ms. Ginny Elliott Educational Specialist Georgia Professional Standards Commission Two Peachtree Street, Suite 6000 Atlanta, GA 30303 (404) 232-2601
In order to avoid copyright disputes, this page is only a partial summary.
To fulfill the demand for quickly locating and searching documents.
It is intelligent file search solution for home and business.
- 1 what is georgia tapp the georgia teacher academy for
- georgia teacher alternative preparation program
- special education certification
- fcs hiring guide pathway options to
- professional certification carrollton ga
- alternative routes for teacher certification in sreb states
- effective july 1 2017 505 2 09 non renewable gapsc
- alternative certification teacher and candidate retention
- georgia alternative education program standards
- georgia alternative teaching certification
- georgia alternative teaching program
- alternative teaching certification programs
- alternative teaching certification in georgia
- alternative teaching certification in michi
- alternative teaching certification programs texas
- alternative teaching certification ohio
- alternative teaching certification in texas
- online alternative teaching certification programs
- online alternative teaching certification texas
- alternative teaching certification program
- alternative teaching certification illinois