Allama Iqbal Open University
Doc File 49.00KByte
ALLAMA IQBAL OPEN UNIVERSITY, ISLAMABAD
(Department of Science Education)
1. PLAGIARISM OR HIRING OF GHOST WRITER(S) FOR SOLVING THE ASSIGNMENT(S) WILL DEBAR THE STUDENT FROM AWARD OF DEGREE/CERTIFICATE, IF FOUND AT ANY STAGE.
2. SUBMITTING ASSIGNMENT(S) BORROWED OR STOLEN FROM OTHER(S) AS ONE’S OWN WILL BE PENALIZED AS DEFINED IN “AIOU PLAGIARISM POLICY”.
Note: Before attempting assignments, please read the following instructions:
1. All questions are compulsory.
2. Read each question carefully before writing an answer.
3. Read the relevant units of the study guide for writing the answer of a question and arrange the points in an appropriate manner for the answer.
4. You may take help from other resources such as books, websites and other online resources for writing the answer of a question.
5. You must mention the resources used for writing an answer, at the end of the answer.
6. Assignment should be handwritten. Typed assignments will not be accepted.
7. Write the answer in your own words.
8. The answer of a question must contain at least 1200-1500 words.
9. Leave 2-3 lines after every answer so that the tutor may provide feedback on your answer.
10. Send each assignment separately under postal cover.
11. You will receive your assignment back after it is checked.
12. If any part of your assignment is not marked or there is an error in the calculation of total score of assignment, then you may contact your tutor/regional center for further guidance.
Course: General Mathematics and Statistics (6401) Semester: Autumn, 2020
Level: B.Ed. (2.5/ 4 years)/BS Total Marks 100
Pass Marks: 50
ASSIGNMENT No. 1
(Units: 1 - 4)
Q.1 (a) What is finance and describe its types. Also discuss the types of bank accounts. (10)
(b) Differentiate between the direct and inverse proportion. Illustrate your answer with appropriate examples. (10)
Q.2 (a) A boy bought a bicycle in Rs.10000 and sold in Rs.7500. Determine his profit or loss in %age. (10)
(b) Find the marked price of a mobile phone which was sold in Rs. 16000 by giving 40% discount? (10)
Q.3 (a) Differentiate between rational and irrational numbers. (10)
(b) Give examples to explain the properties of real numbers (10)
Q.4 (a) State Cramer’s Rule and solve the following system of equation. Give reason where solution is not possible. (10)
0.2x - 0.6y = 2
0.6x – 0.2y = 4
(b) If [pic] Then prove that [pic] (10)
Q.5 (a) Find the relation independent of “y” for the following equation. (10)
(b) Solve the following equations: (5 x 2)
i. 7x – 20 = 2x + 5
ii. 19y - 35 = 80 + 10x
ASSIGNMENT No. 2
(Units: 5 - 9)
Total Marks: 100
Pass Marks: 50
Q.1 (a) Construct an e-Circle of a triangle and describe all the steps for its construction. (10)
(b) State and prove Pythagoras theorem. Also write its application. (10)
Q.2 (a) If Sin θ = 2/3 then find the remaining trigonometric ratios when θ lies in the first
(b) Verify the trigonometric identity (10)
tan θ + Sec θ – 1
-------------------- = tan θ + Sec θ
tan θ - Sec θ + 1
Q.3 (a) Find area and perimeter of a parallelogram whose height is 5cm and base is
(b) Radius of base of cylinder is 14m and its height is 42m. Find area of curved
surface and its total surface area. (10)
Q.4 (a) Explain the following terms.
i. Cumulative Frequency
ii. Bivariate frequency (5+5)
(b) Explain the coding method of finding A.M, also find A.M of the following data by using coding method. (10)
|Marks |Frequency |
|10-20 |11 |
|20-30 |22 |
|30-40 |31 |
|40-50 |50 |
|50-60 |73 |
|60-70 |120 |
|70-80 |162 |
|80-90 |105 |
|90-100 |40 |
Q. 5 Explain the following terms. Also add examples where needed.
i. Mode ii. Median
iii. Quartiles iv. Deciles ( 5x4)
In order to avoid copyright disputes, this page is only a partial summary.
To fulfill the demand for quickly locating and searching documents.
It is intelligent file search solution for home and business.
- commerce commerce commerce welcome
- one man s profit is another s loss
- foundations of economics 3e bade parkin testbank 3
- management accounting notes
- questions johan lindén mälardalens högskola
- management review hud
- economics 11
- allama iqbal open university
- jaiib specimen questions
- example of gain or loss on the sale of fixed assets
- how to calculate profit loss
- how to calculate profit percentage
- how to maximize profit formula
- how to calculate profit margin
- how to find gross profit rate
- how to calculate profit percent
- how to find profit function
- gross how to calculate profit margin percentage
- how to find non profit salaries
- how to calculate profit margin percent
- how to find the profit economics
- how to calculate weight loss goals