Doc File 32.00KByte
1. A wave traveling on a string has a wavelength of 0.10 m and a frequency of 7 Hz. Calculate the speed of the wave.
2. A sound wave traveling in water at 1440 m/s has a wavelength of 0.5 m. Determine the frequency of the wave.
3. A storm has created a series of waves across lake Erie traveling at 4.5 m/s with a frequency of .65 Hz. Find the wavelength of this wave.
4. A water wave is moving across the surface of a lake in an easterly direction. The wave has a wavelength of 2 m and a frequency of 2.5 cycles/s. Draw a diagram of this situation, looking down from above the lake, showing 5 wavefronts. Label the wavelength and show the direction of propagation by using a ray.
5. A sound wave is moving through air. The wave has a wavelength of 0.65 m and a frequency of 512 Hz. Draw a diagram of this situation, showing 5 wavefronts moving due north. Label the wavelength and show the direction of propagation by using a ray.
6. A water wave moving due east across a lake traveling at 5 m/s has a frequency of 0.40Hz.
a. Calculate the wavelength.
b. Calculate the distance from one crest to the next trough.
7. The following two graphs represent data from the same wave traveling due west through a particular medium. From the graphs determine: (a) the wavelength; (b) the amplitude; (c) the period; (d) the frequency and (e) the velocity of the wave.
8. Write the wave equation, f(x,t) = Asin((t + (x), for the waveform in the previous question using the appropriate substitutions for ( and (.
9. A rope is stretched between two vertical supports. The points where it’s attached are fixed. The length of the rope is 2 meters and the mass of the rope is 0.8 kg. If the speed of a transverse wave is 12 m/s:
a. what is the tension in the rope?
b. what is the frequency if the wavelength is the same as the distance between the two supports?
To fulfill the demand for quickly locating and searching documents.
It is intelligent file search solution for home and business.
- worksheet frequency wavelength energy
- wave worksheet
- chemistry worksheet wavelength frequency energy of
- waves pre test
- wave calculations henry county school district
- laurence jackson school
- tap311 0 speed frequency and wavelength
- light worksheet wavelength frequency and energy
- waves worksheet two rivers high school
- how to find value of savings bonds
- how to find percentage of something
- how to find rate of return
- how to find percentages of 2 numbers
- how to find percentage of two numbers
- how to find percentage of a number
- how to find percentage of error
- how to find concentration of a solution
- how to find average of grades
- how to find domain of combined functions
- how to find domain of a function
- how to find derivative of a log