Food & Culture Project ~ Research Questions
Doc File 65.50KByte
Food & Culture Project ~ Research Questions
Below are questions you should answer in your research for the country of your choice. You MUST include a brief history of your country, as well as describe its location. Every web page should include a map or picture of the country, as well as the country’s flag. Choose one recipe you find interesting and list it on the web page. All websites used should be documented at the bottom of the page. You may choose other topics related to food and culture, however, these items and the following questions must be included in your web page.
• How many islands are in the Philippines?
• Give examples of what foods are used to make Filipino cuisine sour and salty.
• Give examples of the foods introduced to Filipino cuisine by each of the following cultures.
• Why have Thai foods become so popular?
• What is the most important thing to remember about Thai food?
• How are Thai foods usually served?
• Why are no knives at the meal?
• What are some of the ingredients of Thai curries?
• What is a tukbaege?
• What type of rice is used in Korean Cuisine?
• Describe each of the following cuisine:
o Changes or Jangs
o Gochu Jang
• What countries influenced Vietnamese cuisine?
• What type of rice is used in Vietnamese cuisine?
• Describe the different types of soups served in Vietnamese cuisine.
• What are the four main regions of the Chinese cuisine?
• Describe the cuisine for each region.
• How is the meal served?
• What principles of Buddhism also characterize Japanese cuisine?
• What foods provide the base to most Japanese meals?
• What type of rice is eaten in Japanese cuisine?
• Where does the bulk of protein come from in Japanese cuisine?
• What is Sashimi?
• Describe how the food of the north and the west is different from that of the east.
• What are achars and why are they used?
• What are the two dietary extremes of Indian Cuisine?
• Explain what Mughlai cuisine is.
Middle East Cuisine
• What is the national dish of Lebanon and explain its characteristics.
• What is zahtar?
• How is coffee served in Lebanon?
• In what manner is Lebanese cuisine served?
• What is the principal meat served in Greece and how is it prepared?
• Describe the following foods:
• How many meals a day do Italians eat?
• What is the key ingredient in Italian meals?
• Describe the following Italian terms/dishes:
o Pesto Genovese
• What two ingredients are key in making quality French sauces?
• What is Nouvelle cuisine?
• Describe each of the following:
• What commonly makes up Jerk seasoning?
• Describe the food differences between the two native tribes: Arawaks and Caribs.
• Who introduced sugarcane to the islands?
• What is plantain and how is it used?
• What day is market day in Mexico?
• What are the holy trinity foods in Mexican cuisine?
• What is a siesta?
• List foods native in Mexico and Central America.
• Describe a mole sauce.
• List some common American foods indigenous to Africa.
• What are the foods given out as weekly rations to the slaves?
• Why is soul food sometimes thought of as “good time” food?
• How did hoecakes originate?
• How did hush puppies get their name?
Ethnic Foods Web Sites
The following websites offer a place for you to start your research.
WEB SITES FOR RESEARCH:
(lower right-“Cuisines of the World”)
e- (Recipes-scroll down to country)
(left column “Escapes”-choose a region)
(“All information for Mediterranean Countries”)
(Food & Drink – world/regional cuisines – left hand
For climate/topography of the country try:
wtg- (General information about climate/topography and
other quick statistics)
For recipes of the country try:
(Home and Family-Cooking and Recipes)
Food For Today textbook – Chapters 48-55
Lesson Guides for Ethnic Foods (available from me)
Food and Culture section – SHS Library
Ethnic Food Web Sites
The following resources may be used as well as those on your Research Guide. These web sites are related to the cuisine of the country you choose.
|Country |Website |
|Filipino Cuisine |content/browse/food_in_asia.html |
|Thai Cuisine |travel.cuisine/cuisine_aboutcuisine.howto.htm |
| | |
|Korean Cuisine | |
|Vietnamese Cuisine | |
|Chinese Cuisine |glossary.china.html |
|Japanese Cuisine | |
|Indian Cuisine | |
| |frompot.htm |
|Middle East Cuisine | |
|Greek Cuisine | |
|French Cuisine |gastrono.html |
|Caribbean Cuisine |destinations/carribean/cariback.html |
|Mexican Cuisine | |
| |mexican-cuisine/ |
|Soul Food |soulfood/htmls/soulfood.html |
|Hawaiian Cuisine |berncity.hawaii.htm |
To fulfill the demand for quickly locating and searching documents.
It is intelligent file search solution for home and business.
- food culture project research questions
- steps in the research and writing process
- understanding research methods
- article summary worksheet
- introduction to the ideas of hypothesis testing
- chapter 1 the what and the why of statistics
- kl katie linder oregon state ecampus osu degrees online
- statistics 112 final project statistics department
- spea k 300 statistical techniques 3 cr
- the theoretical basics of the theil index covered in the
- research questions for american history
- research questions for social work
- interesting research topics for kids
- research questions for education
- interesting research topics for college
- research topics for statistics project
- interesting research questions for statistics
- research questions for statistics project
- interesting research topics for teens
- interesting research questions psychology
- research questions for statistics class
- interesting research topics for psychology