Stock Market – Activity 1 Worksheet
Doc File 41.50KByte
Stock Market – Activity 1 Worksheet
1. Why do you think businesses might need to open their company up to investors?
List two reasons why investments can be a good thing:
4. One share of stock in a company could cost as little as: ---
5. Usually, businesses that are just starting to sell stock in their company, sell their shares for
--- --- money than established companies.
6. Who owns the most stock in the Ice Cream Co.?---
7. Who owns the least stock in the Ice Cream Co? ---
8. What is the price per shares of the Ice Cream Co. stock? ---
9. If you bought 6 shares of stock in the Company, how much money would it cost?
10. If you bought 10 shares of stock in the Company, how much money would it cost?
11. If you bought $40 worth of stock in the Company, how many shares would you own?
12. If you bought $20 worth of stock in the Company, how many shares would you own?
STOCK MARKET – ACTIVITY 2 WORKSHEET
MAKING MONEY ON INVESTMENTS THROUGH DIVIDENDS
1. After a few months of business, the Ice Cream Company has money left over
after paying all of their bills. This is called a ____________________
2. When a company pays stockholders a part of their profit, it is called a
3. True or False The Ice Cream Company has 6 investors so the dividend
should be split Evenly 6 ways. (erase the wrong answer)
4. Would it be fair to split the dividend evenly 6 ways?
Explain Why or Why Not?
Using the two charts in Activity 2, record what percent of the stock each person owns and how much of the $50.00 they will each receive.
PERSON Percent Invested Amount Received
5. YOU ___ 33% ___ $16.50
6. FRIEND 1 ___ ___
7. FRIEND 2 ___ ___
8. FRIEND 3 ___ ___
9. PARENTS ___ ___
10. SISTER ___ ___
STOCK MARKET - ACTIVITY 3 WORKSHEET
MAKING MONEY ON INVESTMENTS BY SELLING STOCK
Originally the Ice Cream Company charged $5.00 per share of stock, Now the Ice Cream Company’s stock is worth $8.00 per share. Use this information to answer the following questions.
1. How much money did your parents originally pay for each share of stock?
2. How much money did they pay totally for all 10 shares of stock?
3. If your parents sell their stock now, what price will they receive for each share of stock?
4. If your parents sell their 10 shares of stock now, what is the total amount of money
they will receive from selling them?
5. How much PROFIT (money above what they invested) will your parents make if
they sell now?
6. What is the total amount of money YOU originally paid for all your stock?
7. If YOU sell your stock now, what is the total amount of money you will receive?
8. How much PROFIT will you make on your investment if you sell now?
9. If your sister sells her 2 shares of stock, how much profit will she make?
10. This company paid a dividend because it made a __
STOCK MARKET – ACTIVITY 4 WORKSHEET
MAKING AN INVESTMENT
Look at the stock listing below and answer the questions about it.
NOTE: This chart is different than the example in the booklet.
Hi Lo |Stock |Div. |YLD |P- E |Sales Vol
(hds) |High |Low |Last
or Closing |Net
Change | | 65 |38 |ABC |1.7 0 | 2.9 | 9 | 264 |561/8 | 547/8 | 55 7/8 | - 1/4 | |
What is the name of the Company? _
How many shares of stock, in hundreds, were bought and sold today? __
How much money does an investor earn for every $100 invested? (YLD—remember change to $$$) ___
What was the dividend per share paid last year? ___
What was the High Price of stock today, in DOLLARS? ___
What was the Low Price, in DOLLARS? ___
How much did the Last share sold today cost? ___
Was the closing price higher or lower than yesterday’s closing price? __
What was yesterday’s Closing price, in DOLLARS? (Make Net Chg. Fraction a decimal. Add or subtract this amount to the Last or Close column money amount.)
What is the DIFFERENCE in DOLLARS of yesterday’s closing price and today’s closing price? ___
In order to avoid copyright disputes, this page is only a partial summary.
To fulfill the demand for quickly locating and searching documents.
It is intelligent file search solution for home and business.
- buying and selling loans
- buying and selling etfs
- buying and selling online sites
- local buying and selling sites
- making money buying and reselling
- buying and selling on amazon
- buying and selling stocks 101
- buying and selling a house
- buying and selling sites
- buying and selling your house
- making money buying and selling
- buying and selling wholesale