Kenan-Flagler Resume Template
Doc File 43.50KByte
709D HIBBARD DRIVE, ODUM VILLAGE ( CHAPEL HILL, NC 27514
919.491.4204 ( Anshuman.Mishra@
EDUCATION the university of north carolina Chapel Hill, NC
kenan-flagler business school
Master of Business Administration, expected May 2011, GMAT: 760
1st Year Project Manager (Portfolio Management) for Investment Club
Member of Finance Club, Entrepreneurship Club and Energy Club
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY Kharagpur, India
Bachelor and Master in Computer Science and Engineering, June 2006
Undergraduate Representative – 2nd highest student leader position in IIT
Government of India scholarship for academic performance, 2005-2006
EXPERIENCE FUTURES FIRST Bangalore, India
2008-2009 Derivatives Trader. Traded futures based on S&P 500, Nasdaq, Dow and EuroStoxx 50 equity indices.
1. Produced trading profits of nearly 2 x allocated risk capital for the equities desk for 1H 2009 by constructing statistical arbitrage models on the basis of intra-day volatility changes and capital flow across asset classes
2. Generated market timing signals for crude oil and natural gas futures by modeling medium-run relationships between equities and commodities
3. Created a new indicator that measures financial market stability, leading to approximately 350,000 GBP of profits for the equities desk during the extended market crash of September-November 2008
2007-2009 Founder and Lead Developer. Created and licensed software to predict the impact of news on the prices of stocks in the S&P 500.
4. Supervised a team of 6 IT developers for overall software design and deployment
5. Provided consultancy services to Indian middle-market proprietary trading firms wanting similar predictive models for agricultural commodity prices
6. Generated software licensing sales of Rs. 4 million for the year ending March 2009
MAXHEAP TECHNOLOGIES Bangalore, India
2007 Co-founder, Business Development. Responsible for media interaction and fund raising.
• Co-developed , India’s first social network-based call filtering service
• Secured soft launch coverage with leading Indian and international media agencies such as the International Herald Tribune, Mid Day, Mint, and Economic Times
• Spearheaded fund-raising efforts with multiple venture capital firms and angel investors such as SVB Capital and IIT Technology Incubation Fund
ORACLE CORPORATION Bangalore, India
2006-2007 Member Technical Staff. Developed software monitoring and presentation technology for Oracle’s Collaboration Suite enterprise manager platform.
• Only new hire to participate in the Service Dashboard project
• Part of Oracle’s Fusion middleware platform development team
additional CFA Level III Candidate, 2010
DATA SUCCESSFULLY PASSED THE FINANCIAL RISK MANAGER (FRM) EXAMINATION, 2007
RECREATIONAL INTERESTS IN TRAVELING, PLAYING THE GUITAR, READING SCIENCE FICTION NOVELS
709D Hibbard Dr,
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
November 22, 2009
11 Madison Ave, NY 10010
Dear Ms. Grabowski:
I am writing to express my interest in the Equities and Fixed Income Sales and Trading Summer Associate Program at Credit Suisse. As a 1st year MBA student at Kenan Flagler Business SchoolUNC, I have had enjoyable interactions with Thomas Fenn, Robert Macnaughton, Tarik Dalton, Ellen Rankin, and Brian Hamburg, both at Chapel Hill and at the Madison Avenue office during the Kenan-Flagler career trek. Talking to them has been helpful in terms of my gaining a thorough understanding of what a career in sales & trading entails, as well as gaining an appreciation of the collaborative, competitive and fun culture that is deeply ingrained at Credit Suisse. Further, speaking to Walker Layne here at UNC has given me a fresh perspective into the role of a sales & trading associate at Credit Suisse.
My professional experience prior to joining UNC’s Kenan-Flagler Business School included a stint at one of India’s leading proprietary trading firms, Futures First, where I traded American and European equity index derivatives, designing quantitative strategies to generate profits via statistical arbitrage and position-building operations. My prior experience with founding my own automated financial analytics startup venture contributed significantly to my success in this area, and has strengthened my resolve to continue positioning my career within the global financial markets.
I would appreciate your considering me for a place in the closed list of MBA students for the Sales & Trading Summer Associate Program. I have enclosed my resume, detailing my experience and my achievements. Kindly feel free to contact me at Anshuman.Mishra@ or 919.491.4204 if you have any questions.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.
In order to avoid copyright disputes, this page is only a partial summary.
To fulfill the demand for quickly locating and searching documents.
It is intelligent file search solution for home and business.
- finance manager resume objective examples
- finance manager resume examples
- auto finance manager resume examples
- finance manager resume objective examp
- finance manager resume example
- best project manager resume samples
- project manager resume with accomplishments
- project manager resume objective examples
- sales manager resume objective examples
- office manager resume objective examples
- finance manager resume template
- program manager resume bullets