Youth Development Specialist
Pdf File 224.78KByte
Youth Development Specialist
Pay it Forward: Become a Youth Development Specialist at ACS and Make a Difference in the Life of a Young Person
Do you have valuable life experiences that could positively influence the direction of a young person?
Do you want to make a difference and give back to your community and city? Do you have what it takes to be a role model and inspire an at-risk youth?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, this is the job for you!
What we are looking for:
The New York City Administration for Children's Services is looking for caring, enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about working with juveniles and interested in helping turn young lives around. Working as a Youth Development Specialist, you would: Provide safe and secure supervision and care to at-risk youth who are placed in secure
juvenile detention by the court Serve as a role model, mentor and guide Exercise independent judgement and initiative and provide skill-based therapeutic
interventions Work as part of a team to support positive and healthy youth development Manage conflict and youth behavior safely to maintain a calm and supportive environment Provide structure and engage youth in pro-social activities and behaviors Support youth in their efforts to develop new social, academic and vocational skills and
interests Receive valuable training on building healthy relationships with youth and crisis prevention
Working as a Youth Development Specialist offers: A competitive starting salary of $45,000 with opportunities for career advancement.
Incumbents will receive salary increments reaching $59,000 after seven years of employment Participation in NYC's pension system Comprehensive health insurance offering both individual and family coverage Longevity incentive Overtime pay at time and a half for working over 40 hours a week Higher educational opportunities
Minimum Requirements: A high school diploma (or its equivalent) and two years of full-time experience working directly with youth or young adults up to age 24 in a group, community, educational or institutional setting
To learn more and apply online, please visit, yds
In order to avoid copyright disputes, this page is only a partial summary.
To fulfill the demand for quickly locating and searching documents.
It is intelligent file search solution for home and business.
- united states district court eastern district of new york
- negotiating your start up package ucsf career
- u s bankruptcy court northern district of new york
- life beyond the square
- career opportunities in international law
- metlife on pay equity
- ggd 89 92 federal pay u s park police compensation
- university of pennsylvania
- youth development specialist
- career opportunities in the new york state
- new york life financial advisor
- new york life starting salary
- new york state exempt salary threshold 2
- new york state exempt salary threshold 2019
- new york state minimum salary threshold 2019
- aarp life insurance new york life insurance
- new york state exempt salary threshold 2020
- new york state minimum salary 2019
- new york state teacher salary lookup
- new york life salary range
- new york city employee salary lookup
- new york state teachers salary database