Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities (the ... …
Pdf File 197.88KByte
July 8, 2015
To all Pennsylvania State-Chartered Credit Unions:
The purpose of this letter is to inform you that it is the position of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities (the "Department"), that pursuant to the Federal parity provision in the CREDIT UNION CODE, Act of December 19, 1990 (P.L. 834, No. 198), as amended, 17 P.S. ? 501(e)(2), state-chartered credit unions are preapproved to include in their field of membership the 12 types of associational groups enumerated in 12 CFR part 701. The Department automatically approves under the Credit Union Code parity provisions the below groups as set forth in Section III.A.1.b of Chapter 2 of Appendix B to part 701 as satisfying the associational common bond provisions. In accordance with the Federal standards, the Department only grants this automatic approval to regular members of an approved group. Honorary, affiliate or non-regular members do not qualify.
These groups are:
1) Alumni associations; 2) Religious organizations, including churches or groups of related churches; 3) Electric cooperatives; 4) Homeowner associations; 5) Labor unions; 6) Scouting groups; 7) Parent teacher associations (PTAs) organized at the local level to serve a
single school district; 8) Chamber of commerce groups (members only and not employees of
members); 9) Athletic booster clubs whose members have voting rights; 10) Fraternal organizations or civic groups with a mission of community
service whose members have voting rights; 11) Organizations having a mission based on preserving or furthering the
culture of a particular national or ethnic origin; and 12) Organizations promoting social interaction or educational initiatives
among persons sharing a common occupational profession.
In order to expedite the approval process for this activity, the Department is preapproving this parity authority pursuant to Section 501(f) of the Credit Union Code. Thus, Pennsylvania statechartered credit unions are not required to individually submit parity notices to the Department under Section 501(f) of the Credit Union Code in order to include members in their field of membership as discussed in this letter.
Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities Market Square Plaza | 17 N Second Street, Suite 1300 | Harrisburg, PA 17101 | 717.787.2665 | F 717.787.8773 | dobs.state.pa.us
Questions regarding the implementation of this parity with 12 CFR part 701 should be addressed to Tim Blase, Director, Credit Unions Office, at (717) 787-7333.
Sincerely, /s/ Wendy S. Spicher
Deputy Secretary for Depository Institutions
In order to avoid copyright disputes, this page is only a partial summary.
To fulfill the demand for quickly locating and searching documents.
It is intelligent file search solution for home and business.
- ohio center for industrial energy efficiency
- chambersburg recreation department cornhole tournament at
- pennsylvania department of banking and securities the
- 902 grant disbursements ti t i k d t bl h ti ftips tricks and
- chambersburg recreation department summer boot camp
- ongp — frequently asked questions
- a borough s guide to grant seda cog home
- final determination in the matter of derek
- pa dep operator certification
- pa dep wastewater practice exam
- pa dep wastewater practice test
- pa dep wastewater
- pa dep grants
- pa dep permit lookup
- pa dep wastewater operator
- pa dep wastewater exam
- pa dep wastewater certification
- pa dep water certification exam schedule
- pa dep operator certification program
- pa dep wastewater operator training