Introduction to Engineering Mathematics
Doc File 86.50KByte
Vector Calculus for Engineers
CME100, Fall 2004
Line Integrals, Surface Integrals, Green’s, Divergence, and Stokes’ Theorems
1. A semi-circular loop of wire of radius 1m and carrying current [pic] in the counterclockwise direction is subjected to a magnetic field in the z-direction such that [pic]. Determine the net force acting on the wire segment.
2. Find the center of mass of an object constructed from two uniform segments [pic] and [pic], where x ranges from 0 to 1.
3. Find the work done by the force [pic] around the circle: [pic], where [pic].
4. Find the flux of [pic] around the circle: [pic], where [pic].
5. Find the work done by [pic] from (0,0,1) to (1,1,1):
a) by parametrizing the curve [pic]
b) by parametrizing the curve [pic]
c) using the scalar potential
6. Show that [pic] is conservative and find the scalar potential for:
7. Evaluate [pic] over the square defined by [pic]
a) by parametrizing the curve
b) using Green’s theorem
8. Verify the circulation form of Green’s theorem on the annular ring: [pic], if:
9. Find the surface area of a hemisphere of radius R
10. Find the flux [pic] of [pic] across the surface of a hemisphere of radius R
11. Find the flux [pic] of [pic] through the surface of a cylinder [pic] bounded by [pic] and [pic] by inspection.
12. Calculate the flux [pic] of [pic] through the surface of the cube cut from the first octant by the planes [pic], [pic], and [pic]. Then verify your result using the divergence theorem.
13. Use Stokes’ theorem to evaluate the line integral of [pic] over the circle [pic]:
a) using parametrization
b) using the disk in the xy-plane
c) using the upper hemisphere of [pic]
d) using the surface of the paraboloid [pic]
14. Using Stokes’ theorem, evaluate the line integral [pic] if [pic] over the curve defined by the portion of the plane [pic] in the first octant, traversed counterclockwise.
To fulfill the demand for quickly locating and searching documents.
It is intelligent file search solution for home and business.
- name improper integrals done properly
- the matlab notebook v1 5 2
- write an equation for the specified line
- texture mapping progressive meshes
- a plane curve is a set c of ordered pairs where f and g
- the death of computer languages the birth of intentional
- ruled surfaces for rationalization and design in architecture
- introduction to engineering mathematics
- open a line of credit
- need a line of credit
- length of a line calculator
- parametrization of a line segment
- parametrization of curve
- parametrization of two points
- parametrization of a line calculator
- find parametrization of curve
- equation of a line passing through calculator
- distance of a segment calculator
- find the length of a line segment
- line segment math is fun