PDF UNIT 9 (CH 8-9) STUDY GUIDE ATP, Photosynthesis, & Cellular ...
Pdf File 164.02KByte
WLHS / Biology / Monson
UNIT 9 (CH 8-9) STUDY GUIDE ? ATP, Photosynthesis, & Cellular Respiration
1) Use a battery analogy to explain the difference between ATP, ADP, and AMP.
2) Compare ATP and glucose in terms of energy storage capacities. (HINT: you may use a $$$ analogy!)
3) How do HETEROTROPHS & AUTOTROPHS differ in the way they obtain energy?
4) What is the role/function of CHLOROPHYLL in photosynthesis?
5) Write the balanced net equation for PHOTOSYNTHESIS. Include the pigment used and the source of energy necessary for the reaction to occur.
6) What is the main "goal" or product of photosynthesis?
7) Once the above product is made, what is the name of the process that breaks it down? What kinds of cells perform this process? In which cellular organelle does this process occur?
8) How / where is energy stored in ATP?
9) How is this energy in ATP released?
10) Where in the chloroplast do the LIGHT REACTIONS occur? the CALVIN CYCLE?
11) What are the reactants and products of the LIGHT-DEPENDENT REACTIONS? REACTANTS: PRODUCTS:
12) Explain the role of NADP+ in photosynthesis.
13) What are the reactants and products of the CALVIN CYCLE (a.k.a. light-independent reactions)? REACTANTS: PRODUCTS:
14) What is the complete, balanced equation for CELLULAR RESPIRATION (include # of ATPs).
15) List 3 ways in which the processes of GLYCOLYSIS and Krebs Cycle / ETC differ.
16) What are the reactants and products (including ATP if applicable) of GLYCOLYSIS? REACTANTS: PRODUCTS:
17) What are the reactants and products (including ATP if applicable) of Krebs Cycle & E.T.C. (combined)? REACTANTS: PRODUCTS:
18) The process of fermentation is:
19) What are the 2 types of FERMENTATION? What is produced in each? What kind of cell / organism performs
Type of Fermentation
Cell / organism?
20) Why do your muscles burn after strenuous or extended exercise?
Complete the CH 8 and CH 9 Assessment & Standardized Test Prep Sections (p. 244-247, and p. 268-271).
Record your answers below.
Chapter 8 Assessment
Chapter 8 Standardized Test Prep
(page 244-245...do only the #s that
(page 247...do only the #s that
Chapter 9 Assessment (page 268-269...do only the #s that
Chapter 9 Standardized Test Prep (page 271...do only the #s that appear below!)
Study for your test!!
VOCABULARY TO KNOW / REVIEW:
CHAPTER 8 (ATP & Photosynthesis)
Adenosine triphosphate (ATP); ADP; AMP Heterotroph Autotroph Photosynthesis (including balanced equation!) Pigment Chlorophyll Chloroplast Thylakoid Stroma NADP+ / NADPH Light-dependent reactions Light-independent reactions (Calvin Cycle) Electron transport chain Glucose
CHAPTER 9 (Cellular Respiration)
Calorie Cellular respiration (including balanced equation!) Aerobic / anaerobic Glycolysis Krebs Cycle Electron transport chain NAD+ / NADH Mitochondria Cristae Matrix Glucose Pyruvic acid (a.k.a. pyruvate) Fermentation Lactic acid fermentation (lactate; lactic acid) Alcoholic fermentation (ethanol)
To fulfill the demand for quickly locating and searching documents.
It is intelligent file search solution for home and business.
- pdf photosynthesis respiration equation kits photosynthesis
- pdf photosynthesis questions
- pdf photosynthesis
- pdf answers chapters 8 9 review photosynthesis cellular
- pdf photosynthesis bap vm2
- pdf cellular respiration cellular respiration equation products
- pdf photosynthesis objectives
- pdf unit 9 ch 8 9 study guide atp photosynthesis cellular
- pdf photosynthesis biologymad
- pdf respiration and photosynthesis
- write a balanced equation for photosynthesis
- what is the balanced equation for photosynthesis
- photosynthesis balanced equation
- what is the balanced equation for photos
- balanced equation for photosynthesis
- balanced equation of photosynthesis
- balanced equation for aerobic respiration
- balanced equation of aerobic respiration
- complete balanced equation for photosynthesis
- what s the balanced equation of cellular respiration
- 4 state the balanced equation for photosynthesis
- write the overall balanced equation for photosynthesis