You asked Good Questions… Now What Do You Do? When …
Pdf File 389.84KByte
When You ASK Good Questions, You Get BETTER Information!
Here are some good comments & questions to use with families when gathering information for IFSP outcome development:
Tell me about your child... What is a typical day like for you and your child? What does your child like to do? What do you
and your child like to do together? What makes your child laugh/smile? What parts of the day go really well for you and
your child? What parts of the day are a struggle for you and
your child? Why? What frustrates you or your child during the
day? What would you like for your child to be able to
do? Who are the most important people in your
child's life? Where do you and your child like to go? Where
would you like to be able to go? What would make your life with your child
It's up to YOU to ask good questions to help families share the information needed to develop functional,
measureable, and individualized IFSP outcomes & goals. Use questions like these to help you learn
about and partner with families to help their children grow and learn!
You asked Good Questions... Now What Do You Do?
Information gathered by asking good questions can be used during IFSP development and implementation to support individualized outcomes and routines-based
intervention. Here's how:
Q: What do you and your child like
to do together?
Q: What parts of the day are a struggle for you and your child?
A: We love to play tickle games
on the couch.
A: It's hard when he's hungry and
I don't know what he wants.
OUTCOME: Aidan will use 10 different words to tell his family what he wants at snack time and playtime 3x/day for two
Service provider coaches Aidan's mom to teach him to say "cookie" at snack time and "tickle" while playing
the tickle game on the couch.
This document printing is supported by the Integrated Training Collaborative (ITC) with funding support from the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS). ? 2013 by Partnership for People with Disabilities
To fulfill the demand for quickly locating and searching documents.
It is intelligent file search solution for home and business.
- breathing better with a copd diagnosis
- you asked good questions now what do you do when
- education better than carrots or sticks ascd
- page 50 of 66 had better
- discovering a better you health education
- steven timothy judy you d better put me to death
- finding a better frame
- seven things you d better know live safe work smart
- grammar practice orksheets modals of advice
- being a mason you better than everyone else it just makes
- what do you learn in philosophy
- what do you up to meaning
- what do you do as a marketer
- what can girls do when bored
- what do you do when you re bored
- what do you spell with these letters
- what can you do on a tablet
- what can you draw when your bored
- what do you need for 4th grade
- what do you choose
- what do you mean lyrics
- synonym of what do you think